Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
A waiver is an extra set of Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) benefits that you could qualify for in certain cases. These benefits can help you remain in your home and community. Waivers have extra program rules and some programs may have waitlists.
The Home and Community-Based Services Waiver For Persons With Developmental Disabilities (DD) provides access to 24-hour, seven days a week supervision through Residential Habilitation and Day Habilitation Services and Supports. The service provider is responsible for living arrangements. Living arrangements can range from host homes settings with 1-2 persons, individualized settings of 1-3 persons, and group settings of 4-8 persons, as well as residential supports for participants who live with and/or are provided services by members of their family.
To enroll in the DD waiver, you must meet financial and program criteria:
Level of Care
- Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF-IID) level of care as determined by the functional needs assessment (as defined in 42 CFR 440.150).
- You must be determined to have a developmental disability.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You must require access to services and supports 24 hours a day.
- Your income must be less than $2,205 per month (300%, or three times, the Supplemental Security Income allowance).
- For a single person, countable resources must be less than $2,000.
- For a couple, countable resources must be less than $3,000.
Benefits and Services
If you are enrolled in the DD waiver, you will receive the following services:
- Behavioral Services
- Day Habilitation Services (Specialized Habilitation, Supported Community Connections)
- Non-Medical Transportation
- Prevocational Services
- Residential Habilitation Services and Supports (24-hour individual or group)
- Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Supported Employment
How to Apply
Other Useful Links
- Other Long-Term Services and Supports Programs
- Redesign Workgroup for Waivers Serving Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Consumer Direction in the HCBS-SLS Waiver Task Group
- Colorado's plans to meet the requirements contained in the federal HCBS Settings rule
- Recent communications regarding services and supports for Adults and Children with intellectual or developmental disabilities
- Rate schedule for this waiver
- Billing manual for the HCBS-DD Waiver
- Home and Community Based Services Supported Living Services (HCBS-SLS) Waiver
- Home and Community Based Services Children's Extensive Support (HCBS-CES) Waiver