County Fact Sheets
The documents on this page provide an annual snapshot by state fiscal year of Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) activity including average annual caseload and top five claim types for each county. The data on the fact sheets is for state fiscal year 2015-16 unless otherwise noted and will be updated annually when new state fiscal year data is available. The Department also reports monthly caseload information for Health First Colorado and Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+). See our Methodology Notes for more information.
The top five claim types were done by summing expenditure by claim type and then ranking the top five claim types by expenditure. The top five claim types are a subset of all claim types (for instance there are 16 claim types for institutional, professional, and capitation claims). Below are some example of explanations of the most common headings/claim types:
- Capitation – system generated claims for clients enrolled in managed care, Behavioral Health Organizations (BHOs), and the Accountable Care Collaborative (ACC)
- Outpatient Hospital – a client’s expenditure for service rendered at the outpatient hospital setting
- Practioner/Physician – a client’s expenditure for service rendered by a professional/physician
- Inpatient Hospital – a client’s expenditure for service rendered in an inpatient hospital setting
- Pharmacy Claims – a client’s pharmaceutical costs.
The percent of the population enrolled in Medicaid was calculated by taking the average monthly eligible members and dividing by the county/states census data located at: factfinder.census.gov. The census data was most recently updated in 2015.