Children's Habilitation Residential Program Waiver (CHRP)
A waiver is an extra set of Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) benefits that you could qualify for in certain cases. These benefits can help you remain in your home and community. Waivers have extra program rules and some programs may have waitlists.
The Children's Habilitation Residential Program Waiver provides services for children and youth who have an intellectual or developmental disability and very high needs. Their needs for support put them at risk of, or in need of, out of home placement. Waiver services help children and youth learn and maintain skills needed to live in their communities.
Level of Care
- Your child must be at risk of institutionalization in an intermediate care facility for people with developmental disabilities.
- Your child is under 21 years old.
- Your child has an intellectual or developmental disability or developmental delay if under age five (5), and very high service needs that puts them at risk of, or in need of, out of home placement.
Benefits and Services
- Community Connection Services
- Habilitation Services
- Cognitive Services*
- Communication Services*
- Emergency Assistance Training*
- Independent Living Training*
- Personal Care Services*
- Self-Advocacy Training*
- Supervision Services*
- Travel Services*
- Intensive Support Services
- Movement Therapy
- Respite Services
- Transition Support Services
(* = Services are not billed separately but under the habilitation services and are part of residential services)