Colorado Medicaid - 48 Facts In 48 Days
We're celebrating Colorado Medicaid's 48th birthday in 2016 by presenting 48 facts about the program in 48 days. See below for all the facts and please be sure to follow HCPF on social media.
- February 10: Medicaid Eligibility
Colorado Medicaid eligibility is based on your income level.
- February 11: Members By Age
48% of Colorado Medicaid members are kids.
- February 12: Urban vs. Rural
21% of Colorado Medicaid members live in smaller towns and rural areas.
- February 13: Where Members Work
About 74% of adult Colorado Medicaid members are working.
- February 14: Medicaid Benefits
Colorado Medicaid offers a wide range of benefits and services.
- February 15: Applying For Medicaid
Colorado Medicaid takes applications all year online, in person, via phone and by mail.
- February 16: Medicaid Funding
People with disabilities make up 7% of Colorado Medicaid's members and 24% of its budget.
- February 17: Medicaid Funding
Colorado Medicaid is funded by state and federal government.
- February 18: Medicaid at the Local Level
See what Colorado Medicaid looks like in your county.
- February 19: Medicaid's Budget
Colorado Medicaid has very low administrative costs.
- February 20: Care Coordination
Colorado Medicaid offers care coordination for its members.
- February 21: Accountable Care Collaborative
70% of Colorado Medicaid members are part of the Accountable Care Collaborative.
- February 22: Medical Homes
76% of Colorado Medicaid ACC members are connected to Medical Homes.
- February 23: Accountable Care Collaborative Savings
The Accountable Care Collaborative has created $77 million in net savings since 2011.
- February 24: Accountable Care Collaborative Savings
The Accountable Care Collaborative created $37 million in net savings in 2014-15.
- February 25: Fighting Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
Colorado Medicaid recovered about $79 million in 2013-14 from overpayments, fraud, waste, and abuse.
- February 26: Accountable Care Collaborative
The Accountable Care Collaborative helps Colorado Medicaid members get the services they need to stay healthy.
- February 27: Improving Primary Care
Colorado Medicaid providers in the ACC are rewarded for meeting enhanced primary care factors.
- February 28: After Hours Care
51% of Colorado Medicaid primary care providers in the ACC offer after-hours or weekend care.
- February 29: ACC Behavioral Care
54% of Colorado Medicaid primary care providers in the ACC offer on-site behavioral health care.
- March 1: Network Access
68% of primary care providers in the ACC are accepting new Colorado Medicaid patients.
- March 2: Suicide Rates
Suicide rates of Colorado Medicaid members are lower than state and national averages.
- March 3: Physical Health Measures
More than 73% of eligible #COMedicaid members received physicals.
- March 4: Tobacco Cessation
Colorado Medicaid pays for counseling and medications to help members quit smoking.
- March 5: Antidepressant Management
Colorado Medicaid is 15% better than the national average on effective antidepressant medication management.
- March 6: Nurse Advice Line
Colorado Medicaid members can get medical advice by phone 24/7.
- March 7: Adult Dental
Colorado Medicaid now includes adult dental coverage.
- March 8: Children's Dental
Colorado Medicaid kids are covered for preventive dental services.
- March 9: Colorado's Health Ranking
Colorado’s health care system is ranked 8th overall.
- March 10: Effects of Medicaid Expansion
Expanding Colorado Medicaid will create more than 31,000 new jobs in the state through Fiscal Year 2015-16.
- March 11: Effects of Medicaid Expansion
New report: Expanding Colorado Medicaid will increase the state’s GDP by $3.8 billion through Fiscal Year 2015-16.
- March 12: Effects of Medicaid Expansion
New report: Expanding Colorado Medicaid means average annual household earnings are $643 higher in Fiscal Year 2015-16.
- March 13: Long Term Services & Supports
Colorado is ranked 4th in the nation for Long Term Services and Supports quality and access.
- March 14: Cost of Care By Population
What is Colorado Medicaid’s Cost of Care for its 1.3 million members?
- March 15: Fast Provider Payment
Colorado Medicaid providers’ claims are paid within 9 days on average.
- March 16: Real Time Enrollment
80% of Medicaid applicants via PEAK during open enrollment got answers right away.
- March 17: Babies Born On Medicaid
43% of babies in Colorado are born to mothers on Medicaid.
- March 18: Medicaid Caseload Since Expansion
See how Colorado Medicaid’s caseload has changed since expansion began in 2014.
- March 19: Prenatal and Post-Partum Care
Pregnant women enrolled in Colorado Medicaid get free prenatal & post-partum care.
- March 20: ACC: Medicare-Medicaid Program
The Accountable Care Collaborative: Medicare-Medicaid Program coordinates care for those in both programs.
- March 21: Emergency Room Visits
Colorado Medicaid members in the Accountable Care Collaborative had fewer unnecessary ER visits over time.
- March 22: Well-Child Care
Colorado Medicaid kids in the Accountable Care Collaborative got more well-child care over time.
- March 23: Postpartum Care
Colorado Medicaid mothers in the Accountable Care Collaborative got more postpartum care over time.
- March 24: Finding a Doctor
Colorado Medicaid members can find a nearby doctor, dentist, or pharmacy online.
- March 25: Benefits Collaborative
In 2015, more than 100 stakeholders participated in the Colorado Medicaid Benefits Collaborative process.
- March 26: Person- and Family-Centeredness Advisory Council
Colorado Medicaid has a Person- and Family-Centeredness Advisory Council with members from towns across the state.
- March 27: PEAKHealth App
Colorado Medicaid members can update their address or find a doctor using the PEAKHealth app on their phone.
- March 28: Get Involved
Colorado Medicaid has over 40 councils, committees, and advisory groups that help us do our work.
Thanks for following our 48 in 48 celebration!