DENVER – Wednesday, May 13, 2015 – Gov. John Hickenlooper today announced several Boards and Commissions appointments. The appointments were to the State Board of Land Commissioners, the Ground Water Commission and the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District Board of Directors.
The State Board of Land Commissioners manages an endowment of assets held in perpetual, intergenerational public trusts for the financial support of Colorado’s public schools and other public institutions. Effective June 30, 2015 for terms expiring June 30, 2019:
- Barbara King Bynum of Montrose, Colorado, to serve as a representative of public, primary or secondary education, and as a Democrat, appointed;
- Honorable Greg Moffet of Vail, Colorado, to serve as a representative of local government and land use planning, and as a Republican, appointed.
The Ground Water Commission determines the boundaries of designated groundwater basins by geographic description and considers well permit applications for persons desiring to appropriate designated ground water for beneficial use. The Commission is responsible for the development of policies and procedures for maximum economic development, as well as the protection of the vested rights of the designated groundwater basins of the state. For terms expiring May 1, 2019:
- Daniel L. Farmer of Colorado Springs, Colorado, to serve as a resident agriculturalist from the Upper Big Sandy Basin, appointed;
- Blake Austin Gourley of Springfield, Colorado, to serve as a resident agriculturalist from the Southern High Plains Basin, appointed.
The Scientific and Cultural Facilities District Board of Directors distributes funds from a .1 percent sales and use tax to cultural facilities throughout the seven county Denver metropolitan area. The funds support cultural facilities whose primary purpose is to enlighten and entertain the public through the production, presentation, exhibition, advancement and preservation of art, music, theater, dance, zoology, botany, natural history and cultural history. For terms expiring May 15, 2018:
- Peggy Ann Lehmann of Denver, Colorado, appointed;
- Elaine D. Torres of Denver, Colorado, reappointed;
- Damon Odell Barry of Westminster, Colorado, reappointed;
- Harold R. Logan, Jr. of Denver, Colorado, reappointed.