DENVER — Wednesday, July 11, 2018 — Gov. Hickenlooper today announced Boards and Commissions appointments to the State Board of Accountancy, Council for the Advance of Blockchain Technology, State Electrical Board, and Passenger Tramway Safety Board.
The State Board of Accountancy regulates public accountants and reviews applications, gives examinations, grants certificates and permits, and acts on complaints against certified public accountants.
For a term expiring Aug. 1, 2021:
- David Wayne Gestner of Denver, to serve as a member of the public and occasioned by the resignation of Kyla Armstrong-Romero of Denver, appointed;
For terms expiring Aug. 1, 2022:
- Richard Garth Ferrell of Aurora, to serve as a member of the public, reappointed;
- Paula Mann, CPA of Gunnison, to serve as a certified public accountant, appointed;
- William Pierce Trummer, CPA of Morrison, to serve as a certified public accountant, appointed.
The Council for the Advance of Blockchain Technology recommends a comprehensive legal framework to support blockchain technology that considers potential applications and boundaries of the technology and protections for consumers. The Council also recommends guidelines for relevant agencies concerning policies that will allow for the natural evolution of this young and promising technology, while simultaneously ensuring protection for data and consumers.
For terms expiring June 30, 2019:
- Eric Louis Kintner of Denver, to serve as an attorney with expertise in securities law and familiar with blockchain technology in legal transactions, appointed;
- Matthew T. McClintock, JD, TEP of Evergreen, to serve as an attorney with expertise in securities law and familiar with blockchain technology in legal transactions, appointed;
- Scott Sanderson, JD of Denver, to serve as an attorney with legal expertise in blockchain technology, appointed.
The State Electrical Board examines and licenses electricians. The board also adopts and revises rules and regulations concerning the installation, repair and alteration of wiring apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power.
For terms expiring July 1, 2021:
- Joseph Anthony Montoya of Castle Rock, to serve as a building official from a political subdivision of the state performing electrical inspections, appointed;
- Barbara Jean Myrick of Colorado Springs, to serve as a general contractor actively engaged in the building industry, appointed;
- James Selecky of Denver, to serve as an electrical contractor who has a masters license, appointed.
The Passenger Tramway Safety Board sets safety standards for the maintenance and operation of passenger tramways.
For a term expiring June 30, 2021:
- Irma Dementina Abalos of Littleton, to serve a member of the public and occasioned by the resignation of Carrie Michelle Marsala of Colorado Springs, appointed;
For terms expiring June 30, 2022:
- Bryce H. Beecher of Arvada, to serve as a member of the public, reappointed;
- Samuel P. Williams of Mesa, to serve as a representative of area operators, reappointed.