DENVER — Wednesday, May 16, 2018 — Gov. Hickenlooper today announced Boards and Commissions appointments to the Governor’s Expert Emergency Epidemic Response Committee, State Board of Stock Inspection Commission and Water Quality Control Commission.
The Governor’s Expert Emergency Epidemic Response Committee shall amend the state disaster plan that deals with the public health response to acts of bioterrorism, pandemic influenza and epidemics caused by infectious agents. The Committee shall also advise the Governor in the event of an emergency epidemic.
For a term expiring May 1, 2020:
- Lorena Marcia Barboza Neely of Parker, to serve as a specialist in infectious diseases, appointed.
The State Board of Stock Inspection Commission makes rules regarding brand inspection and livestock laws and regulates fees for stock inspections. The commission also sets service charges and procedures, administers the Estray Fund, licenses public livestock markets, and secures bond and surety on butchers and slaughters.
For a term expiring May 1, 2022:
- Erik Mohrlang of Fort Morgan, to represent the confinement cattle industry, appointed.
The Water Quality Control Commission develops and maintains a comprehensive and effective program for prevention, control and abatement of water pollution of the waters throughout the entire State.
For terms expiring February 15, 2021:
- Joan Card of Boulder, appointed;
- Richard Clark Hum of Nathrop, reappointed;
- Troy Glen Waters of Fruita, appointed.