We offer a variety of opportunities and possibilities for interns to gain both academic and professional experience. This is an unpaid program designed for students and individuals who are innovative and passionate about public service.
The Governor’s Executive Internship is intended to provide:
- Exposure to the operations and day-to-day tasks of the Governor’s Office
- Experiential learning and assignments that reflect methods in how the office strives for government to be more effective, efficient and elegant
- A framework to enhance educational experience through practical work and research, thereby developing skills useful for career development
Requirements for participation:
- Commitment to consistent weekly hours based on individual schedules
- During the Fall session: minimum 16hrs/week, working at least 3 consecutive hours per day in the office, for 15 weeks, during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Excellent writing, communication, and proofreading skills
- Strong individual initiative/work ethic
- Interest in public service
- Ability to responsibly handle and participate in confidential work
- Strong commitment to good government and nonpartisanship
The Governor's Office embraces diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, or physical ability. The Governor's Office and the State of Colorado are equal opportunity employers.
We are now accepting applications for Fall 2017. The deadline for priority consideration is August 4, 2017 at 5 pm.
Fall intern orientations will be held Tuesday, September 5, 2017 and Wednesday, September 6, 2017. If selected, your internship will begin after your orientation.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a complete internship application, cover letter, resume, and one to two page writing sample via email as separate pdf files to email@example.com.
If you have further questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.