Please review the new license application fees for dogs within the City of Florence, per Ordinance No. 04-20-2020A. Click Here to complete your Dog License Application
Dog Tags (6.04.030):
Spayed & Neutered $10.00
If your pet is not spayed or neutered the cost of the tag is $20.00
Lost tag $1.00
City of Florence, 600 W. 3rd Street, Florence, CO. 81226
- (Located just west of Downtown Florence on State Highway 115).
Attention citizens, we will be updating our websites and Facebook pages as we get new information, please check often, if you are needing to contact the office please be patient, if phones are busy leave a message and we will contact you as soon as possible or send an email to the department that you are in need of. Here are a few things that are very important at this time.
1. Social distancing
2. Proper Hygiene, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds and use sanitizer.
3. Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
4. Check on family and friends with a quick phone call, especially the elderly and at risk population.
5. Follow all CDC guidelines
Here are a few additional resources:
School website : http://www.re-2.org/home
Crossfit located in Florence at 202 East Main, will be giving away food all this week between 11am and 12 noon. Questions please contact Alicia at 719-289-2204 or if you would like to donate. THANK YOU CROSSFIT! Check out their Facebook page, CROSSFIT Florence.
Florence’s Drinking Water Unaffected by Coronavirus
The City of Florence Water Department would like our customers to know that the health and safety of our staff and customers is our top priority. We are committed to providing safe and reliable drinking water to your tap. Our advanced water treatment and hypochlorite (chlorine) disinfection process eliminates pathogenic organisms (which include viruses). This ensures that COVID-19 (the coronavirus) cannot be transmitted through our drinking water. While it’s always advisable to stock bottled water at home in case of emergencies, The City of Florence does not expect this health outbreak to disrupt service to our customers. As always, your tap water is available, plentiful and safe.
The following links to the CDC and EPA websites will provide additional information regarding municipal water supplies, public pools and other various health and water related situations.
If you have questions, concerns or comments please feel free to reach out to the water department by phone or email.
City of Florence
Regional Water Superintendent
Office: (719) 784-0618
Fax: (719) 784-6148
The City of Florence is seeking to fill seats on the following boards:
- Housing Committee
- Planning Commission
- Cemetery Committee
- Pool Committee
Please send letters of interest to Jessica Griffith, City Clerk or you may email them to email@example.com
- The City of Florence is pleased to announce that we are now able to take payments online for water and trash service (please have your account number ready), invoices, court payment, permits, licensing and cemetery. Please go to https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/florencecolorado/online-bill-payment for more information.
- Please be advised that the cleanliness and weed maintenance of the alleyway is the responsibility of the homeowner. Please keep these alleyways clean and clear of weeds, trash, and debris.
- Exciting news! Downtown Florence recently added to the National Historic Registry. You can find the map of the encompassed historic district here, and a great article on our success published by the Pueblo Chieftain.