Lost/Stolen Driver's License, Permit or ID Card
Colorado statute does not permit adults over 21 years of age to purchase a duplicate driver’s license. Duplicate licenses may be issued to minors under 21 years of age and CDL holders (the expiration date will not change).
Adults who need to replace their license must apply for a renewal. The expiration date will change upon renewal and any previously issued license will no longer be valid.
- Check your online renewal eligibility
- Check your renew by mail eligibility
- Schedule an appointment - you may also visit any driver's license office during normal business hours without an appointment
- If you are an adult licensed driver and currently out of state or country, you may request a duplicate to be mailed to you. Complete a reissue out of state form and return to the Department of Revenue with your payment
If visiting a driver’s license office to replace your license, permit or ID, be prepared to:
- Verbally provide your name and date of birth
- Proof of your Social Security number
- Proof of current physical Colorado address
For additional information, call 303-205-5694