Drinking water compliance assurance
We're responsible for determining whether Colorado public water systems are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Portal for public water systems, their representatives, and laboratories to submit drinking water information to us.
- Monitoring schedules.
- Forms, templates, guidance, and policies.
- List of certified drinking water laboratories with approved certifications.
Data and calculators
- Online drinking water calculators.
- All public water systems must maintain a Treatment Operator (if applicable) and Distribution System Operator (if applicable).
- Responsible operators are located on the public water system monitoring schedule and may be updated by submitting the Drinking Water Contact Update Form.
- To search for operator certification information, please visit the CCWP.
- Drinking water emergencies.
- Call 303-692-3308 for the following high results (potential acute situations):
- Positive coliform or Positive E. coli.
- Nitrate greater than or equal to 10.0 mg/L or Nitrite greater than or equal to 1.0 mg/L.
- Surface water high turbidity or inadequate disinfection.
- Chlorine dioxide greater than or equal to 0.8 mg/L or Chlorite greater than or equal to 1.0 mg/L.
- General phone: 303-692-3556.
- Public water system's search by county and type to find your primary compliance contact.