WIC retailer alerts
- YouTube: Go to www.youtube.com and search for “Colorado WIC retailer training video.”
- Colorado WIC website: Go to www.ColoradoWIC.com and click the following links: Retailers, General Information, Video WIC: Simplified Retailer Training Video.
- Network Broadcast: Some chain stores put the video on their internal training networks. Feel free to incorporate the film into your chain's broadcast.
- DVD: A DVD version is available upon request.
- A link to the .mpg4 file on Google Drive of WIC:Simplified is: WIC:Simplified Link mpg.4
- Or type the following in your browser: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u17s9n2mpbuuHz3uVLPnJZ54NxNqVpk2)
Obtain Signatures: After the training session(s), staff should sign the “Training Documentation for WIC Retailers” form (a copy of this training form is also available as Exhibit A in the WIC Retailer Handbook).
Keep a Copy at the Store: Keep the completed training documentation form in the store's WIC Manual. WIC staff will look for this completed training form when they conduct monitoring visits. As new employees are hired and trained, add their names and signatures to the form.
CHAINS: Send One Receipt/List of Stores. Your company’s WIC liaison is responsible to confirm the completion of the training by submitting one training receipt form (Retailer Training Video Receipt Form) for your chain and a listing of all authorized stores to Colorado WIC. (Please do not submit the individual Training Documentation for WIC Retailers forms. Those stay at the individual stores in their WIC Manuals.)
Independently Owned/ Operated: Send Receipt. Your store manager/trainer is responsible to confirm the completion of the training by submitting one training receipt form (Retailer Training Video Receipt Form) for your store.
Shutdown Ended- No Interruption of Services
To: Colorado WIC Authorized Retailers
(cc: POS and Food Manufacturing/ Distribution Partners, CO WIC Management, LARC Advisory)
From: Colorado WIC
Dear Retail Partners,
The brief government shutdown ended earlier this morning with approval of a budget bill. There was no interruption of WIC services and we are operating normally.
Thank you much,
Cheryl Cassell and MJ Jacobs
Colorado WIC Program
WIC operating normally
The Government shutdown ended Friday. WIC is now operating normally and issuing benefits. There is no interruption of services or payments for WIC transactions.
CO WIC Is Monitoring Potential Shutdown
- At this time, there is no interruption of services or payments for WIC transactions.
- In the event there is a shutdown, Colorado WIC intends to use saved funds to keep services going, including payments to authorized retailers for WIC shopping transactions, for as long as possible, likely up to three to four weeks.
- We will keep you informed and will notify you with as much time as possible if any interruption is required.
- Colorado WIC is also in communication with Local WIC Agencies and WIC families and will notify them if there is any delay in benefits.
- Updated information will be available on the website https://www.
Monday, January 22, 2018 -- Congressional leaders are predicting the government will reopen Tuesday. The Senate passed a temporary spending bill to end the government shutdown, providing funding through February 8 while Congress continues to debate passage of the 2018 federal budget. Both House and Senate approved the bill, and it must now be signed by the president.
Colorado WIC benefits and services remained in place during the weekend shutdown and there currently is enough funding to continue WIC services. WIC wants to reassure participants that they can continue to buy WIC foods and keep clinic appointments. Retailers are encouraged to continue to accept Colorado WIC transactions.
To: Colorado WIC Authorized Retailers
Colorado WIC remains open, despite Jan. 20 government shutdown
Colorado WIC continues to provide services as usual, despite the January 20 government shutdown. There is funding available to maintain operations and reimburse WIC purchases for several weeks. Please continue to accept eWIC payments. For updated information, continue to check this website.