WIC retailer alerts
To: Colorado WIC Authorized Retailers
From: Colorado WIC, Retailer Team
COLORADO WIC Monitoring Congressional Budget Discussion
As you may be aware, Congress has passed a continuing resolution to extend government funding to January 19, 2018. This keeps the government open, buying them more time to agree on a budget deal into the new year. Colorado WIC is federally funded and is carefully monitoring the situation.
- At this time, there is no interruption of services or payments for WIC transactions.
- If there is a shutdown, Colorado WIC intends to use saved funds to keep services going, including payments to authorized retailers for WIC shopping transactions, for as long as possible.
- We will keep you informed and will notify you of any interruption that might occur with as much time as possible.
- Colorado WIC is also in communication with Local WIC Agencies and WIC families and will notify them if there is any delay in benefits.
- Updated information will be available on the website coloradowic.com.
Please be assured that, as always, we value our retail partners. Feel free to contact us with input or questions.
WIC Shopper mobile app
WICShopper Mobile App now available! Scan products to see if they are WIC-eligible. Download the app here.
New Allowable Foods List
WIC now has more allowable food options.
New items are:
New items are:
- Yogurt – plain and vanilla in quart containers
- Store brand lactose-free milk
- Whole wheat pasta
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Oats (as a whole grain option)
- Oatmeal (as a cereal option)
- Tomato and vegetable juice in 48 oz containers (for women)
- Organic baby food
- Beech-Nut naturals baby food
- String cheese