The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) provides nutrition education, breastfeeding support, healthy food, health referrals and other services free of charge to Colorado families who qualify. WIC’s goal is to help keep pregnant and breastfeeding women and children under age 5 healthy.
- Live in Colorado.
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding, and/or have a child younger than 5 years.
- Have a family income less than WIC guidelines.
- Currently get Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), food stamps or Medicaid.
- Have a foster child under age 5.
What foods participants can buy
Allowable foods list, approved formulas
- Video: Welcome to Colorado WIC | Spanish | Burmese. Instructions to see closed caption for Arabic | Nepali | Somali.
- Video: Orientation to Colorado WIC Benefits and Services | Spanish | Burmese. Instructions to see closed caption for Arabic | Nepali | Somali.
- Video: Colorado WIC Shopping Tips | Spanish |Burmese. Instructions to see closed caption for Arabic | Nepali | Somali.
Using your new eWIC card.
- View their current WIC benefit balance from their smartphone, allowing them to know with certainty what they can purchase.
- Scan a product bar code/UPC while they shop to see if the product is WIC eligible (on the Approved Products Listing) and if it they have enough benefits to purchase.
- Locate WIC-authorized stores in Colorado.
- Access WIChealth.
- Access the Colorado WIC Allowable Foods List.
- Your Family ID (may be highlighted on the WIC envelope).
- The name of your local agency and clinic.
- WIC nondiscrimination statement and policy
- Fair hearing statement
- Rights and responsibilities statement
WIC WIC WIC WIC WIC WIC WIC WIC WIC WIC home