The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) provides nutrition education, breastfeeding support, healthy food, health referrals and other services free of charge to Colorado families who qualify. WIC’s goal is to help keep pregnant and breastfeeding women and children under age 5 healthy.
WIC is for all kinds of families: married and single parents, working or not working. If you're a father, mother, grandparent, foster parent or other legal guardian of a child under 5, you can apply for WIC.
You can participate in Colorado WIC if you:
- Live in Colorado.
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding, and/or have a child younger than 5 years.
- Have a family income less than WIC guidelines.
- Currently get Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), food stamps or Medicaid.
- Have a foster child under age 5.
What foods participants can buy
Allowable foods list, approved formulas
New to WIC?
- Video: Welcome to Colorado WIC | Spanish | Burmese. Instructions to see closed caption for Arabic | Nepali | Somali.
- Video: Orientation to Colorado WIC Benefits and Services | Spanish | Burmese. Instructions to see closed caption for Arabic | Nepali | Somali.
- Video: Colorado WIC Shopping Tips | Spanish |Burmese. Instructions to see closed caption for Arabic | Nepali | Somali.
Who's responsible for operating the WIC program, explanation of benefits and programs
See if you qualify, screening tools, eligibility information
What WIC can do for you
Using your new eWIC card.
Using your new eWIC card.
The WIC Shopper mobile app has many features and allows WIC clients to:
- View their current WIC benefit balance from their smartphone, allowing them to know with certainty what they can purchase.
- Scan a product bar code/UPC while they shop to see if the product is WIC eligible (on the Approved Products Listing) and if it they have enough benefits to purchase.
- Locate WIC-authorized stores in Colorado.
- Access wichealth.
- Access the Colorado WIC Allowable Foods List.
Map of local WIC clinics and agencies with contact information
An online system that offers a variety of health and nutrition lessons in both English and Spanish for WIC participants. View lessons available on wichealth.org. To sign up, have the following ready:
- Your Family ID (may be highlighted on the WIC envelope).
- The name of your local agency and clinic.
- WIC nondiscrimination statement and policy
- Fair hearing statement
- Rights and responsibilities statement
For WIC partners
WIC WIC WIC WIC WIC WIC WIC WIC WIC WIC home