WIC Certification Program
Welcome to the Colorado WIC Certification Training Program
Links and resources to all the required training activities can be found here. The Colorado WIC Program requires all training activities to be successfully completed and documented according to the instructions in the New Employee Training Guidelines.
Step 1: Review the New Employee Training Guidelines.
Step 2: Fill out the New Employee Information Form.
Step 3: Refer to the orientation checklists for all required and recommended training activities.
Paper modules, online courses and activities
Step 4: Complete Level I
Within three months of hire. At the conclusion of each paper module and online course, an online post-test is required. Refer to the CO.TRAIN Quick Guide for instructions.
- Orientation module and training activities (2018)
- Video: Welcome to Colorado WIC.
- Video: Orientation to Colorado WIC Benefits and Services.
- Video: Colorado WIC Shopping Tips.
- Video: Saving the Children: Story of WIC
- Screening paper module and training activities (2018)
Video: How to use the WHO Growth Charts.
- Nutrition Risk Factor paper module and training resources (2018)
- Food Package paper module (2018).
- Online Compass Modules order of completion/objectives.
After successful completion of the Level I paper modules and post-tests, the new employee will be observed and records reviewed by the supervisor/trainer using the forms below.
Step 5: Complete Level II
Within six months of hire. At the conclusion of each paper module and online course, a post-test is required.
- Basic nutrition paper module (2018).
- Breastfeeding paper module (2017).
- Infant nutrition paper module (2018).
- Baby behavior online course: Refer to CO.TRAIN Quick Guide for access instructions.
- Prenatal and Postpartum paper module (2018).
- Preschool child nutrition paper module (2018).
- WIC Visit Assessment and Counseling Evaluation Tool.
Step 6: Complete Level III
Within nine months of hire. At the conclusion of the online course, a post-test will be administered. The online course contains additional resources to extend the learning.
- Participant-Centered Education online course order of completion/objectives.
- Optional: Handouts and training activities.
For questions about staff training, please contact your nutrition consultant or Brigitte Boyd, nutrition consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-692-2380.