Western Colorado Regional Air Quality Collaboration
- Voluntary partnership that promotes consistency and collaboration regarding air quality issues.
- Has fostered projects to address air quality issues such as fine particulate matter, windblown dust, wood smoke, industrial pollution and odors.
- The projects rely on collaboration between state and local jurisdictions.
- All interested local governments west of the Continental Divide are encouraged to participate in the collaboration.
- To be determined
The collaboration includes 28 counties and two cities:
- Rio Blanco County.
- Garfield County.
- Gunnison County.
- Mesa County.
- City of Grand Junction.
- Delta County.
- San Miguel County.
- Montrose County.
- Dolores County.
- Ouray County.
- Routt County.
- Eagle County.
- Pitkin County.
- City of Aspen.
- Summit County.
- Clear Creek County.
- Fremont County.
- Jackson County.
- Park County.
- Lake County.
- Mineral County.
- Grand County.
- Chaffee County.
San Luis Valley:
Topics of discussion
Communication with local communities
- Wildfire communication presentation.
- Presentation: Air Quality Collaborative resources.
- Guidance on the Air Quality Index and health messages.
- Presentation: Social media and Web resources.
- Presentation: New member review.
Air pollutant inventories
- Greenhouse gas inventory presentation.
- Colorado Directors of Environmental Health presentation on county air emission inventories.
- Presentation: County air pollutant inventories.
- NOx emissions fact sheet.
Colorado Health and Environmental Assessment
Indoor air quality
- Our guidance on residential burning.
- EPA guidance for reducing residential wood smoke.
- Wood burning tips: local news release template.
- Wood burning news release.
- Wood burning tips.
- Presentation: residential wood smoke emissions.
Inspections and enforcement
Oil and gas development
Supplemental Environmental Projects