Sexual violence prevention
Sexual violence prevention isn't just the absence of violence. It's also giving youth the opportunity to practice skills for creating healthy relationships.
If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, contact the Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault.
Learn more about promoting healthy relationships:
- There’s No Place Like Home for Sex Education K-12.
- Addresses concerns that may be getting in the way of having important conversations with the young people in your life.
- Colorado Youth Matter.
- Provides a variety of training, ranging from workshops of a few hours to multiday curricula trainings to promote healthy sexual development for all young people.
Educational webinar series
- Sex, Drugs, and Rock n Roll: How to Be an Ask-able Adult About Anything: Explore strategies for enhancing adult approach-ability around difficult topics that matter to Colorado youth.
- Engaging Men and Boys in Primary Prevention: Explore strategies for engaging boys and men across the social-ecological model.
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: Using popular culture as a space to engage, educate and reflect on sexual violence and masculinity.
- Confessions of Monsters: Deconstructing Gender Violence in Horror Films: An interactive webinar to enhance media literacy skills in primary prevention.
Statistical information, other resources
List of current grant-funded agencies, funding announcements, upcoming training