Pregnancy-related depression resources for providers
We provide information and guidance for Colorado providers on addressing pregnancy-related depression. This information is for use in practices and with clients.
Pregnancy-related depressive symptoms guidance
Guidance and materials for people who work with women of childbearing age or their children.
- Pregnancy-Related Depression & Anxiety Symptoms Guidance, Updated March 2017.
Screening for pregnancy-related depression is important both during and after pregnancy. The Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS) is a recommended screening tool. It was developed and validated for women during the postpartum period.
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS) | In Spanish.
- Also available in other languages, including Arabic, Portuguese, and Farsi.
Tool kits to assist direct-service personnel in the prevention, identification, and treatment of depression and other mental health concerns in pregnant and postpartum women.
- The Massachusetts Child Psychiatry Access Project (MCPAP) for Moms.
- Parental Depression Screening for Pediatric Clinicians: An Implementation Manual.
- The American Academy of Family Medicine Postpartum Depression Toolkit.
- Council on Patient Safety in Women’s Health Care, Maternal Mental Health Patient Safety Bundle.