Newborn hearing screening
We require hospitals in Colorado to screen newborns for hearing loss. If your newborn hasn't been screened, find out where you can take your baby by calling us:
Colorado Families for Hands & Voices is dedicated to supporting families with children who are deaf or hard of hearing. The organization provides families with the resources, networks and information they need to improve communication access and educational outcomes for their children.
About hearing screening
- Newborn Hearing Screening Program brochure | In Spanish.
- Midwives and birthing centers are also required to either screen babies for hearing loss or provide information to parents on where to obtain an infant hearing screen.
- Screenings may be done at participating locations in your area. Providers may include:
- School districts.
- Private insurance and Medicaid often cover the newborn hearing screening.
- If you have insurance, check with your carrier to learn about what the cost may be to have your baby’s hearing screened.
Newborn Hearing Screening Program Colorado, Newborn Hearing Screening Program Colorado