Information for parents and families about vaccines and vaccine-preventable diseases. If you cannot open the Immunization Education Module, please download the PDF.
It’s always wise to get the facts before you make a decision, especially when it comes to your health. Fortunately, evidence-based research tells us a lot about vaccines. Before you make a choice to vaccinate, find out how vaccines work, what they do to our bodies and if they’re safe.
Have more questions about vaccines? Click on the links below to learn about:
- Clear answers and smart advice about your baby's shots.
- Vaccine safety.
- Traveling internationally.
- Concerns about autism.
- Removal of mercury from vaccines.
- Delaying or spreading out vaccines.
- 10 things you should know about childhood immunizations.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia vaccine mobile app (for iPhone or Android). Information includes:
- Vaccines and the diseases they prevent.
- Vaccine safety topics, including autism, thimerosal and too many vaccines.
- Types of vaccines and how they're made.
- Recommended schedules for children, teens and adults.
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Immunization Action Coalition.
- National Network for Immunization Information.
- Vaccine Education Center at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Vaccinate Your Baby.
- HPV questions and answers.