Health Equity Commission
The Health Equity Commission advises the department through the Office of Health Equity on health equity issues, focusing on alignment, education and capacity-building for state and local health programs and community-based organizations.
- Provide a formal mechanism for the public to give input to the office.
Advise us through the office on:
- Innovative data collection and dissemination strategies.
- Aligning our health equity efforts and the Health Disparities Grant programs.
- Strengthening collaborative partnerships with communities impacted by health disparities to identify and promote health equity strategies.
- Promote workforce diversity.
Commission members and biographies
- The commission consists of 10 members representing, to the extent practical, Colorado's diverse ethnic, racial, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, aging population, socioeconomic and geographic backgrounds.
- In addition, the commission has two legislative members and one designee each from the Colorado departments of Public Health and Environment, Human Services, and Health Care Policy and Financing.
- Commissioners' bios.
The Health Equity Commission (HEC) meetings are held on a quarterly basis at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, Denver and alternate between in-person or conference call only. Please reference call-in number and participant code listed below. Meeting announcements and updates will be listed below on a monthly basis. Meetings are open to the public.
HEC meeting agenda | minutes - Coming soon.
Quarterly Health Equity Commission meeting.
Please check back the week before meeting date for any updates.
Upcoming Quarterly Health Equity Commission meetings:
Dec 2018 - TBD
Upcoming Health Equity Commission subcommittee meetings:
Past meeting information:
Health Equity Commission Retreat
Date: Wednesday, September 20, 2018
Time: 09:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Location: The Colorado Mountain College 901 South Highway 24 Leadville, CO 80461- Link to map.
Please contact the Office of Health Equity 303.692.2087, to request access to the meeting via phone or web conferencing.
Health Disparities Grant Program (HDGP) Funding Conference
Purpose: Discuss the review of all applications received regarding HDGP RFA #8473
Date: Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Time: 8:50 a.m. - 3:35 p.m.
Location: Holiday Inn, Colorado Room
455 South Colorado Blvd, Denver, CO 80246
To join remotely, follow this link: https://cdphe.adobeconnect.com/rsuxb2qthuju/ and call 877-820-7831, passcode: 178610#.