Facility design approval for drinking water and wastewater projects
Drinking water and domestic wastewater facility design reviews are conducted by the Engineering Section. Facility approval is required under the Colorado Primary Drinking Water Regulations and Colorado Water Quality Control Act.
Overview and frequently asked questions
On-site wastewater treatment systems (<2,000 gpd).
Design review process for drinking water and domestic wastewater projects
- Submittal prerequisites:
- Fee request/payment — applicable for domestic wastewater projects only.
- Preliminary effluent limits (when necessary).
- Complete and submit the required application materials, which include:
- Application forms.
- Engineered submittal (e.g., basis of design report, process design report, site location, final plans and specifications, or alternative technology justification).
- Post-approval submittals:
- Change orders (when necessary).
- Construction completion form.
Please submit one hard copy and one electronic copy of submittals to:
CDPHE-WQCD ES B2
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South
Denver, CO 80246