CACFP information for institutions
Who can participate
- These institutions may participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program either as single-site centers directly with the CDPHE-CACFP or as a sponsor of centers (multiple sites):
- Child care centers.
- Adult day care centers.
- At-risk after-school programs.
- Homeless/emergency shelters.
- Other early education facilities.
- All institutions must be certified or licensed by a federal, state or local authority.
- Private institutions must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Have federal tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Receive Title XX benefits from the Department of Human Services (Child Care Assistance Payments) for at least 25 percent of the eligible enrolled participants or 25 percent of licensed capacity.
- Have at least 25 percent of the eligible enrolled participants or 25 percent of licensed capacity made up of participants correctly classified as Free or Reduced using valid, signed, dated and approved Income Eligibility Forms.
- Receive Title XIX (Medicaid) benefits or Title XX benefits for adult day care participants.