Marijuana: Education and youth prevention resources for community agencies
This guide will help you easily navigate state resources to find the best tool for your retail marijuana education and prevention efforts. It is an overview of education and prevention programs and research, links to fact sheets, talking points, campaign materials, webinars and trainings, activities, and case studies from Colorado organizations.
9 different printable fact sheets: each available in multiple languages.
Clinical guidance for talking to patients/clients about marijuana use: resource for health care providers, including screening questions and tips for talking to patients.
Colorado applied the lessons learned from alcohol and tobacco to the regulation of retail marijuana in the state. Learn more about effective strategies, state-level policies already in place and local-level opportunities to reduce youth access to retail marijuana.
Strategies/Interventions for Reducing Marijuana Use from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Center for Substance Abuse Prevention.
Benefit/cost-effectiveness overview of youth marijuana prevention programs and curricula from the Washington State Institute for Public Policy.
Guide for Health Professionals and Communities containing resources and tools for implementing evidence-based health programs for adolescents.
- Annual report, June 2017.
- Legislative report, November 2015. Includes data on the impact of the Good to Know campaign.
- Legislative report, March 2015.
- Awareness of Marijuana Laws, and Attitudes Towards Marijuana Use among two samples in Colorado, 2014: Baseline program evaluation data collected and analyzed by the Colorado Schools of Public Health.
Retail Marijuana Education Program Webinar Series: The Retail Marijuana Education Program hosts a webinar series to provide a go-to resource for best practices related to retail marijuana prevention and education work.
For professionals who have a thorough understanding of marijuana research and want an update on the new Monitoring Health Concerns Related to Marijuana in Colorado 2016 Report and retail marijuana education program. Webinar topics include: updated health effects research, updated public health statements, National Academies of Science report, and Colorado marijuana research grants.
- Watch Recorded Webinar #2: What is the data really showing? A dive into trends and use data in Colorado
This webinar is intended for professionals who want an update about trends and use data in Colorado. Webinar topics include: Youth Marijuana Use- Healthy Kids Colorado Survey; Adult Use Rates - Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System; Pregnant Women Use Rates - Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System ; ED & Hospitalization Rates & Trends in Colorado
Coloradans from all corners of the state, in towns big and small, use data from the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey to inform their communities on how to support growing the healthiest youth in the country. Hear Leo Kattari, Healthy Kids Colorado Survey Coordinator at Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, present an overview of the survey, detail methodology, dispel myths, and dive into 2015 data about youth marijuana use in Colorado.
- Positive Youth Development (PYD) Training:
- Training dates, locations and registration information.
- About the trainings:
- Introduction to the PYD approach and knowledge needed to operationalize PYD into current prevention efforts.
- Create an action plan for your organization.
- Training for youth-serving professionals and anyone else interested in youth health and well-being.
Regional Public Health and Marijuana Workshops:
About the workshops:
Information on marijuana use data across the life span, including; pregnant and breastfeeding women, children and adolescents, young adults and adults 21+ years.
Marijuana health impact data, such as emergency department and poison control center calls.
Marijuana education and prevention programs and resources for various populations.