Layoff Alternatives & Transition Services
- Have earned enough money to be able to collect unemployment benefits.
- Not have run out of money on an unemployment claim.
- Sign up for unemployment.
- Meet all the requirements of the law for us to pay unemployment benefits, except:
- When we say that you must be available, we mean that you must be available to work for your current employer.
- You do not have to look for work or apply for work with another employer.
- Be able and available to work your normal work hours.
- Be on only one work-share plan at a time.
NOTE: The first week on any claim is a waiting week. By law, we cannot pay benefits in that week. In order for us to pay any benefits in a week, you must meet all the requirements of the law. We mail a Guide to Unemployment and Getting Paid Benefits to everyone who signs up for unemployment. That guide explains the requirements of the law.
The Rapid Response Program provides guidance and information for businesses facing corporate restructuring and downsizing. Services include:
- Job placement assistance
- On-site layoff transition workshops
- Information on the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Act (WARN)
- Guidance on establishing an on-site career (outplacement) center to assist affected employees with their future employment needs.
- Services to help reduce employee attrition prior to the defined layoff date
For more information email us: firstname.lastname@example.org