Records Requests & Payments
Workers’ Compensation Claim Search Procedures
All workers’ compensation background claim searches must be paid at the time of submission. Payment may be made online or checks may be mailed to Attn: Customer Service, Colorado Division of Workers’ Compensation, 633 17th Street, Suite 400, Denver, CO 80202. Payment must be received before requests will be processed.
If you are a new customer and have not previously requested this service, please contact the Division of Workers’ Compensation’s Customer Service at 303-318-8700 before submitting an electronic payment.
In order to submit background search requests using the online payment system, you must complete all of the three steps listed below.
- Submit payment electronically.
- The cost is $1.00 for each social security number submitted.
- Electronic payments will also include a service fee.
- Print the receipt, as it is required to continue the process.
- Once you have paid, submit a copy of your online payment receipt along with the WC 143 (Request for Release of Information Form) and WC 190 (Authorization for Release of Limited Information to Third Parties) to Division of Workers’ Compensation Customer Service at email@example.com.
Request a Copy of a Worker’s Compensation Claimant File
To request a copy of the Division’s workers’ compensation claim file, please submit a WC 134 (Request for Services) along with a WC 189 (Authorization for Release of Information) or a WC 6 (Entry of Appearance).
If you are already a party to the claim, you will only need to submit a WC 134.
These forms can be mailed to Attn: Customer Service, Colorado Division of Workers’ Compensation Division of Workers’ Compensation at 633 17th Street, Suite 400, Denver, CO 80202 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you receive an invoice for the cost of the claimant file, you can submit a payment online or mail a check to the Division. To submit a payment online, you must have the invoice number provided by the Division and the invoice amount.