Veterans Community Living Centers
Colorado’s Veterans Community Living Centers offer the following services:
- Long-term care: These services include skilled nursing care; speech, physical and occupational therapy; social activities; and assistance with bathing, dressing and other daily activities.
- Short-term rehabilitation: Individuals seeking to return home following a qualifying hospital stay can work to regain skills and improve physical strength, endurance and aerobic capacity through Medicare-certified rehabilitation services.
- Domiciliary cottages (similar to assisted living): The Veterans Community Living Center at Homelake (Monte Vista) offers assisted living-like services in 48 recently renovated cottages.
- Memory care services: Specialized care for individuals with dementia is offered in all Veterans Community Living Centers. Secure units are available at the Veterans Community Living Centers at Fitzsimons, Florence, Rifle and Walsenburg.
- Short-term “respite” care: Respite care can provide a helpful option when homecare providers are unavailable. These short-term stays are offered at the Veterans Community Living Centers at Florence, Homelake, Rifle and Walsenburg.
- End-of-life/hospice services: Comfort-oriented care is offered at all Veterans Community Living Centers.
Colorado's Veterans Community Living Centers serve honorably discharged veterans, veterans’ spouses/widows and Gold Star parents of children who died while serving in the armed forces.