Ask An Archivist
Please review the applicable links below before making a request. If the county and time frame listed do not match the record you are looking for, State Archives DOES NOT hold the information you are looking for. Please do not make a request if State Archives does not hold the information you are looking for.
This form is a general request form. The following links are request forms tailored to specific kinds of requests:
For all other requests:
Please fill in the form below and click “Submit” to place a research request with the Colorado State Archives. Please observe the following guidelines when placing a request:
- Please be as specific as possible in describing your request, including dates or date ranges, locations, and/or names of individuals.
- If you are placing a request for a probate, divorce or other civil or criminal case, we will require the case number, and county of origin in order to proceed.
- You will be contacted for payment information before we process your request.
- Response time is dependent upon the availability of Archives staff. We respond to requests within 2 weeks.
- We are only able to answer questions that pertain to our services and collections.
NOTE: ALL RESEARCH REQUESTS ARE SUBJECT TO FEES. YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE FULFILLED WITHOUT PAYMENT.
Required Fields Are Marked with an Asterisk*