Specialty Crop Block Grant
Applications for the Specialty Crop Block Grant are currently closed. The application period for the 2018 grant will open in December 2017. An email will be sent out informing interested parties of the application period. If you would like to be on this email list, please email email@example.com.
There is a two-step application process. A concept paper is required for the first round. Proposals advancing after the first round will be part of Colorado’s submission to USDA for 2018 and will need to complete a full proposal package.
Concept papers will be due on February 1, 2018. Grant funds for the 2018 program may not be expended before January 1, 2019 of after November 15, 2020.
- CDA can award up to approximately $500,000 to projects solely enhancing the competitiveness of Colorado specialty crops.
- All applicants must complete a Concept Proposal.
- Instructions for submitting a Concept Proposal to the Colorado Department of Agriculture
- All completed Concept Proposals must be saved as a Microsoft Word .docx file type extension and sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2018.
- All Concept Proposals will be reviewed competitively by a Review Panel using the Technical Evaluation Criteria Score Sheet.
- Prospective grantees whose concept papers are selected to advance as part of the state package will be informed on or about March 13. Full proposals will be due from those grantees on April 13.
USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (Administered by the Agricultural Marketing Service to individual state departments of agriculture.)
Colorado Department of Agriculture
305 Interlocken Parkway
Broomfield, CO 80021
Page updated 1/10/17