Office of the Treasurer: Walker R. Stapleton

Search Property and Claim Status
The Great Colorado Payback Auction

Due to the unusually high volume of requests the system may respond slower than normal. Please be patient and do not use the reload button.

The Great Colorado Payback Hours

Hours: 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
Call 303-866-6070 or 800-825-2111

State Treasurer Walker R. Stapleton welcomes you to the Great Colorado Payback!

The Great Colorado Payback is responsible for reuniting Coloradans with their lost or forgotten assets.

For example: if you have lost track of a bank account, stock certificate, or a retirement account; misplaced a rebate check, reimbursement or paycheck from a business; or moved prior to receiving your Colorado state tax rebate, the bank, business or state agency is required by law to file a report and forward those assets to the Unclaimed Property office of the Colorado State Treasurer.

Even businesses lose track of property and payments, occasionally resulting in unclaimed property which can be claimed. Corporations, schools, hospitals, and small businesses are also listed among the many individuals whose assets are in the possession of the State.

The Colorado State Treasurer currently maintains a list of over 1.7 million names of individuals as well as businesses for whom property is available. People can check names on the World Wide Web. Examples of these reportable accounts would include:

Utility Refunds
Stocks and Bonds
Oil and Gas Royalties
Safe Deposit Boxes
Uncashed Insurance Checks
Savings Accounts
Mutual Funds
Money Orders
Payroll Wages
Security Deposits

Money or property turned over to the State Treasury for safekeeping always belongs to the owner or heir of the account and there are no time limits for filing your claim.

Great Colorado Payback LogoTo see if you or someone you know may have money or property being held by Colorado visit our search site or elsewhere, visit the Savings Bonds Treasury Hunt, Housing and Urban Development, the National Credit Union Administration or for lost pensions, visit the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation.