VIRTUAL TOUR of the COLORADO STATE HOME for DEPENDENT and NEGLECTED CHILDREN
HOWE BUILDING #9
The first boys permanent housing structure, the Howe Building, was built in 1904. Previously, the boys lived in tent like structures outside Campbell Hall. Named after Telluride attorney and philanthropist Edward C. Howe, this building continued to be a boys dormitory until the Homes closure in 1971.
Interior of Boys Tent 1902 ca.
Back Next Home[http://www.colorado.gov/dpa/doit/archives/INCLUDES/bottom.htm]
Last modified June 18, 2003