In-Home Support Services Fact Sheet
- Single Entry Point (SEP) and Certified Case Management Agencies inform HCBS-EBD clients and Childrens HCBS Waiver clients that In-Home Support Services (IHSS) are available.
- IHSS will afford participants the opportunity for self-direction of care through an attendant of their own choosing.
- Medicaid-eligible, HCBS-EBD client applies through the SEP case manager to receive services.
- A child who is enrolled in the HCBS Childrens Waiver applies through a Certified Case Management Agency.
- Client provides statement from the primary care or treating physician that certifies the individual has sound judgment and the ability to direct his/her own care OR an eligible childs parent/guardian has such judgment and ability, OR the person has an authorized representative who has the judgment and ability to assist in acquiring and using services.