Banner Art
Text  Increase Text SizeDecrease Text Size

State and Local Licenses and Permits

Colorado State Flag

Colorado liquor and beer retail licenses are issued by "dual" licensing authorities. Your local City or County Clerk can provide applications and answer questions concerning the application process. Your local licensing authority (City or County) must first approve all retail licenses before forwarding liquor and beer license applications to the State Liquor Enforcement Division. Licenses can take several months to acquire; you must communicate with your local licensing authority in advance

of your opening date. Failure to file applications far in advance of your opening date will result in a delay.


State and local retail liquor licenses and permits:

  • Arts License
  • 3.2% Beer license
  • Beer and Wine
  • Bed and Breakfast Permit
  • Brew Pub
  • Club license
  • Hotel and Restaurant License
  • Liquor licensed drugstore
  • Mini bar Permits
  • Optional Premises
  • RaceTrack
  • Retail Gaming Tavern
  • Retail liquor store
  • Tavern License
  • Special Events Permit


Click here for a description of these licenses and permits.