NEW!! - 10 Minute Guide to Health Reform
NEW!! - 2013 Benefits Forum Presentation
HOT NEWS - 2013 FLU SHOT CLINICS - Remember to get your flu shot. We will be around the state in various locations to provide our employees with convenient flu shot clinics. Look for a date and location that is best for you and we will see you there!
Key Information for the 2013-14 Plan Year.
As of July 1, 2013 the following services are added to our plan under the Affordable Care Act,
1. Well-woman visits
2. Screening for gestational diabetes
3. Human papillomavirus testing
4. Counseling for sexually transmitted infections
5. Counseling and screening for human-immune deficiency virus
6. Contraceptive methods and counseling
7. Breastfeeding support, supplies and counseling
8. Screening and counseling for interpersonal and domestic violence
Managing Your Benefits
Your department's HR/Benefits personnel - for benefit questions
Required Documentation for Dependents Covered Under Medical / Dental / Life - Must be provided for legal spouse, common-law spouse, same-gender domestic partner, or dependent children.
Instructions for Changing Benefits due to Spouse's Benefits - Using the online Benefits Administration System (BAS) if your spouse has gained or lost benefits at his or her job.
IRS FAQs on Same Sex Marriage and Civil Unions
Important Information about Benefits DEADLINES
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, FSA coverage - 31 calendar days to make elections in the online Benefit Administration System (as new hires or to make changes). Date of event (hire date, marriage, birth, etc.) is Day 1.
- Retirement Choice - Contact PERA for more information about Retirement - 1-800-759-PERA (7372) or www.copera.org. Newly hired employees must make a retirement plan selection within the first 60 calendar days after the first day of employment. Judges and employees of institutions of higher education are not eligible for Retirement Choice.
- Contact your department's HR/benefits personnel for more information.
For more information about Benefits contact the DPA Benefits Unit.
Email comments to: State_Benefits@state.co.us