Text Size
Increase text size
Increase text size

Business License

Do you need a business license?


The Town of Winter Park Town Code requires the licensing of any business, occupation, profession, or activity engaged in for-profit within the Town limits, regardless of actual physical business location.


Businesses with multiple locations or branches within the town limits are required to obtain a business license for each location they operate.




Renting your condo? If your unit is located within the town limits and you plan to rent it nightly or for periods of less than 31 days, you must hold a business license and remit sales tax. Those units that are professionally managed by a third party may operate under the property management business license.




The only persons or organizations exempt from business license requirements are: Churches, charitable corporations, hospitals, schools, governments, persons exempt under federal or state law, special events as licensed by the Town, and wholesale businesses not required to obtain a Colorado sales tax license. If you or your organization is exempt from business license requirements but plan to conduct business within town limits, please contact the Town Clerk to verify your exemption.


For more information on licensing requirements contact the Town Clerk.

Starting a Business?


The Town of Winter Park's Business License is valid for one year from the date of issue. The annual licensing fee is $60. You will need to contact the Building Department for code requirements.  Plus, you will need a sign permit.Sign Permit Application.


Step 1: Apply for a Business License


Complete the Business License Application and return with a check for $60 made payable to the Town of Winter Park.  For your convenience, you may also file and make your payment via our Online Business License Application.


Step 2: Your Application Is Processed 


Once the Town is in receipt of your application, it will be processed in 7 - 10 working days and an account will be created. A Business License will be mailed to you. If you are involved in taxable services or sales, a Sales Tax Account will be created and the return forms will also be sent to you.

If you have questions concerning filing your business with the State, please visit the State of Colorado's website at http://www.colorado.gov/work/business/index.html


Want to Get More Involved? 


The Winter Park-Fraser Valley Chamber of Commerce serves a number of needs in our community, among them is offering programs and projects that enhance the vitality of businesses here in Winter Park. Their Statement of Purpose says it all - " . . . to support, promote, and increase year-round business opportunities in Winter Park and the Fraser Valley.


For more information on how the Chamber might help your business, contact them or visit their website at http://playwinterpark.com