Vision, Mission and Goals
The Town of Estes Park will enhance our position as a premier mountain resort community.
The Mission of the Town of Estes Park is to provide high-quality, reliable services for the benefit of our citizens, visitors, and employees, while being good stewards of public resources and our natural setting.
The Town of Estes Park strives to maintain a balanced approach while we:
A. Maintain and strengthen our economic vitality
B. Provide services which are responsible, sensitive, and reliable
C. Preserve our unique character and history
D. Sustain a family-friendly community for our citizens and visitors
E. Consider the impact of our actions on the environment
F. Support diverse, affordable housing
G. Enhance recreational and cultural opportunities
H. Employ and maintain a professional, innovative, and productive team
Develop Economic Strategy
- Develop and adopt a policy defining the Town's role in economic development by the end of the first quarter.
- Complete an internal audit of Town services and information to support business expansion and new businesses by the end of the second quarter. (Includes review of impact of Town regulations on business attraction and expansion and information available on the Town website.)
- Continue to participate in county, regional, and state economic planning.
- Improve Transportation.
- Complete financing and begin construction on a parking structure at the Visitor Center by December 31, 2013, with anticipated completion by June 2014, based on grant funding.
Improve and Maintain Infrastructure
- Implement a street maintenance/improvement program by April 1, 2013.
- Explore external funding options for street improvement plans.
- Present a plan to address groundwater issues with the closed landfill on Elm Road by March 31, 2013.
- Address management of Town-owned buildings by May 31, 2013.
- Adopt a new 10-year plan for the water department by the end of 2013, coordinated with plans for streets and other facilities.
Continue Redevelopment of Stanley Park
- Complete stall barn construction and/or begin construction on the Multi-Purpose Events Center by May 15, 2013.
Continue Redevelopment of Bond Park
- Complete the Phase 5 development of Bond Park.
- Issue RFP for next phase of Bond Park redevelopment for design in 2013 with completion in 2014.
Address Administrative and Governance Needs
- Adopt a plan to address ongoing capital needs comprehensive capital improvement plan, including financing alternatives.
- Adopt governing policies for the Board by March 1, 2013.
- Develop and adopt a strategic planning process by May 31, 2013.
- Complete a review of all IGAs and MOUs for Town-appointed committees and a review of all MOUs with outside partner organizations (Ambassadors, Western Heritage, etc.).