CDOR Closures Due to Weather
Due to the weather, which is causing evacuations and street closures, the following Department of Revenue service centers are closed Friday, September 13, 2013.
Division of Motor Vehicles
- Drivers License Offices located in Aurora, Boulder, Denver NE, Greeley, Longmont and Loveland.
- Air Care Stations located in Arvada, Boulder, Dacono, Fort Collins, Golden, Ken Caryl, Longmont, and Loveland.
- County Motor Vehicle Titles and Registrations offices located in Boulder, Jefferson (Evergreen) and Larimer counties.
- Hearings will not be held in Boulder.
Division of Taxation
- Fort Collins Taxpayer Service Center, located at 3030 S. College Avenue.
- Tax filing deadlines. The Colorado Department of Revenue will extend filing deadlines for taxes by waiving penalty and interest for 30 days for any taxpayer affected by the floods that cannot file and pay a tax by the due date. Generally, the Department of Revenue follows the Internal Revenue Service's lead for extending filing deadlines because of natural disasters. However, due to the unprecedented nature and scope of the flooding, the Department of Revenue is taking additional measures to assist taxpayers during this emergency. For those taxpayers directly impacted by the flood, who as a result cannot file their tax returns by the required due date, the department will extend the filing deadline for 30 days without penalty and interest. Taxes include individual, partnership, corporate, and fiduciary income taxes, withholding taxes, sales taxes, and excise taxes. See the Colorado Taxation Web site for information about state taxes.