Colorado Department of Revenue
Text  Increase Text SizeDecrease Text Size

Lost / Stolen License or ID Card


Colorado State Flag

To replace your Colorado driver's license or ID card, you must bring in one form of acceptable identification from the identification list and provide proof of address.  


You may be eligible to renew on-line.  Click here 

Colorado statute no longer allows duplicate licenses under certain circumstances*; if you have lost, had stolen or have mutilated or destroyed your Driver's License, you will be required to renew the license for the full renewal fee:


Driver License/Document


 New driver's license or renewal (all ages)


 Instruction permit (all ages, includes CDL Permits)


 Duplicate license: 1st replacement

 $  7.50

 Duplicate license: 2nd or more


 Commercial license or renewal


 ID card (free if 60+)



  • All of the above include the $.60 for the ID security surcharge.
  • Licenses with a motorcycle endorsement will have a $2.00 surcharge added.
  • Colorado law prohibits a person from holding both a valid driver's license and an identification card.



*A duplicate may be issued to you if you are outside Colorado and you need to replace your Colorado driver's license. Please print and complete the Reissue Out-of-State Extension form (DR2989).


Mail your form:

Colorado Dept of Revenue

Division of Motor Vehicles, Rm 136

Denver, CO 80261-0016





Make check or money order payable to the Colorado Department of Revenue in exact amount only. **PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH**