The Colorado Department of Revenue offers many FREE electronic filing services to file Colorado income tax returns, receive refunds electronically, pay individual income tax online, or to check the status of a refund.
e-File through Revenue Online
- Revenue Online is FREE and available 24-hours a day, every day.
- Convenient, accurate, secure and fast.
- File current and previous returns.
- Amend current and previous returns.
- Use Direct Deposit to receive refunds quicker.
- Pay tax through Revenue Online.
Also Available in Revenue Online
- Access Your Income Tax Account (Sign Up/Login)
- Get Your Refund Status
- Upload documents related to your tax return
- Add Power of Attorney
- Balance Inquiry
- Copy of a Return (2009 and forward)
- File a Protest
- Request a Payment Plan
- Send a Secure Message to DOR through your account
- View 1099-Gs issued by the department
- View Letters from the department
FSEF (IRS e-file) Free Tax Assistance (VITA)
The Federal/State Electronic Filing (FSEF) program is a federal electronic filing system that enables taxpayers to file both federal and state returns together. FSEF is a service provided by many tax professionals and some tax software providers.
Information for Federal/State Electronic Filing Preparers and Transmitters