Send an email to:
1.855.269.4542 (toll free)
We will respond to all email and phone inquiries within 24 hours.
The Internet is a wonderful place to find and share information, but it can also pose dangers to unwary users as cyber crimes, cyberbullying and scams increase in level and intensity. OIT's Office of Information Security is pleased to share with you tips and resources to help you stay safe while online.
Five Quick Tips
- Create and use strong passwords or pass-phrases that contain a mixture of upper and lower case letters, at least one number, and at least one symbol/special character. Don't use the same password/pass-phrase for all of your accounts and logins.
- Use and regularly update anti-virus, malware, and spyware software.
- Never provide personal or financial information in response to an email, even if it appears legitimate.
- Do not click on links or download attachments in email messages you receive from people you do not know or content that seems suspicious.
- Backup your important files.