DENVER — Tuesday, July 3, 2012 — Gov. John Hickenlooper announced several Board and Commission appointments today. The appointments were to the State Board of Nursing; the Colorado Health Facilities Authority; and the 13th and 17th Judicial District Judicial Nominating Commissions.
The State Board of Nursing examines and licenses registered and practical nurses. It approves nursing programs and standards, and investigates complaints filed against nurses. The member appointed for a term expiring July 1, 2013, is:
• Theresa Lee Cure of Kersey, a licensed practical nurse in a rural hospital engaged in the practice of practical nursing.
The member appointed for a term expiring July 1, 2014, is:
• Valerie Vincenti Scott of Larkspur, a member of the public.
The purpose of the Colorado Health Facilities Authority is to enable health institutions in the state to refund or refinance outstanding indebtedness and to provide additional facilities and structures which are needed to promote the health and welfare of the people of the state. The appointments must be confirmed by the Colorado Senate. The members appointed for terms expiring June 30, 2016, are:
• Don Willis Marostica of Loveland, a Republican.
• Kathryn S. Kanda of Denver, a Democrat.
Colorado’s 22 judicial districts have judicial district nominating commissions that select nominees for district and county judicial vacancies. Each district nominating commission is chaired by a justice of the Supreme Court, who is a non-voting member of the commission.
The member appointed to the 13th Judicial District Judicial Nominating Commission for a term expiring Dec. 31, 2017, is:
• Jerold A. Brandt of Holyoke, to serve as a non-attorney and as a Republican from Phillips County.
The member appointed to the 17th Judicial District Judicial Nominating Commission for a term expiring Dec. 31, 2015, is:
• Angelo C. Chavez of Broomfield, to serve as a non attorney and as a Republican from Broomfield County.