DENVER — Thursday, June 21, 2012 — Gov. John Hickenlooper announced several Board and Commission appointments today. The appointments were to the Peace Officers Standards and Training Board; the Council of Advisors on Consumer Credit; the Colorado Medical Board; the Emergency Medical Practice Advisory Council; the Boxing Commission; the Wine Industry Development Board; and the 14th and 19th Judicial District judicial nominating commissions.
The Peace Officers Standards and Training Board oversees the certification of training programs, training academies and instructors of police officer candidates. The Board also certifies qualified peace officers. The member appointed for a term expiring June 30, 2015, is:
• Ronald Byron Bruce of Lake City, an active sheriff from a county in this state.
The Council of Advisors on Consumer Credit advises and consults with the assistant attorney general concerning the attorney general’s powers under the consumer credit code. The member appointed for term expiring Sept. 30, 2015, is:
• Kathyrn M. Powell of Denver, to serve as a representative of the consumer credit industry.
The Colorado Medical Board reviews applications for medical licenses. In cases involving any professional or ethical violations of the Medical Practices Act, the board holds hearings and assists the state’s district attorneys in the prosecution of all persons, firms, associations, or corporations charged with improper conduct. The members appointed for terms expiring May 3, 2016, are:
• Kyle Kirkpatrick of Parker, a physician assistant, reappointed.
• Brock Matthew Bordelon of Colorado Springs, to serve as a doctor of medicine.
• Blake Andrew Sawicky of Denver, to serve as a member of the public.
The Emergency Medical Practice Advisory Council advises the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment regarding the appropriate scope of practice for emergency medical technicians, including waivers to the scope of practice, and for criteria for physicians to serve as EMS medical directors. The member appointed for a term expiring Oct. 15, 2013, is:
• Diana E. Koelliker of Telluride, a physician actively serving as an emergency medical service medical director and practicing in rural or frontier counties.
The Boxing Commission shall regulate the conduct, promotion and performance of live boxing and kickboxing matches in Colorado. The Commission will oversee ticket sales, referee licensing and qualifications for participants, including classification by weight and skill. The member appointed for a term expiring June 27, 2015, is:
• Raymond A. Garcia Jr. of Lakewood, reappointed.
The Wine Industry Development Board encourages and promotes viticultural and enological research and experimentation for the maximum production and quality of wine produced in Colorado. This includes the marketing of wines produced in Colorado and as an asset to the state’s tourism program. The members appointed for terms expiring July 1, 2016, are:
• Michelle Faline Cleveland of Castle Pines, a representative of an at-large licensed winery.
• Lisa Marie Lambertus of Golden, a wholesale wine distributor.
The member appointed for a term expiring at the pleasure of the Governor is:
• Ian Izak William Steyn of Larkspur, to serve as an ex-officio member.
Colorado’s 22 judicial districts have judicial district nominating commissions that select nominees for district and county judicial vacancies. Each district nominating commission is chaired by a justice of the Supreme Court, who is a non-voting member of the commission.
The member appointed to the 14th Judicial District Judicial Nominating Commission for a term expiring Dec. 31, 2017, is:
• David M. Jones of Kremmling, to serve as a non-attorney and as a Democrat from Grand County.
The members appointed to the 19th Judicial District Judicial Nominating Commission for terms expiring Dec. 31, 2017, are:
• Douglas P. Erler of Greeley, to serve as a non-attorney and as an Unaffiliated from Weld County.
• Joseph J. Tennessen of Greeley, to serve as a non-attorney and as a Republican from Weld County.