DENVER — Friday, May 4, 2012 — Gov. John Hickenlooper announced several appointments to Boards and Commissions today. The appointments were to the Colorado Food Systems Advisory Council; the Statewide Independent Living Council; the Sickle-Cell Anemia Board; the State Board of Stock Inspection Commission; and the Denver Metropolitan Football Stadium District Board.
The Colorado Food Systems Advisory Council was created as an advisory committee to foster a healthy food supply available to all Colorado residents while enhancing the state’s agricultural and natural resources, encouraging economic growth, expanding the viability of agriculture, and improving the health of our communities and residents. The council’s role is to make recommendations to the General Assembly and to the appropriate regulatory agencies, not to create policy. The member appointed for a term expiring Oct. 7, 2013, is:
· Andrea Renee Rouge of Denver, a Democrat representing anti-hunger and food assistance programs.
The Statewide Independent Living Council is mandated under federal law and acts in partnership with Colorado Rehabilitation Services to plan independent living programs in the state. The members appointed for terms expiring Oct. 1, 2013, are:
· Julia K. Beems Miller of Denver, to serve as a representative of assisted technologies for individuals with disabilities.
· Joe R. Anzures of Longmont, to serve as an advocate for individuals with disabilities.
The members appointed for terms expiring Oct. 1, 2014 are:
· Anna S. French of Denver, to serve as a representative of a client assistance program representing people with disabilities.
· Larry L. Williams of Pueblo, to serve as a director of a center for independent living and representing the Association of Colorado Centers for Independent Living.
· Buna Dahal of Centennial, to serve as a representative of individuals with disabilities.
· Martha Mason of Hesperus, to serve as a representative of persons employed in an independent living center.
The member appointed for a term expiring at the pleasure of the Governor:
· Susan E. Fager of Denver, to serve as an ex-officio non-voting member.
The Sickle-Cell Anemia Board uses the existing staff and facilities of the University of Colorado School of Medicine to establish programs and conduct research for the care and treatment of persons suffering from sickle-cell anemia. The Board shall be composed of 11 members representing hospitals, voluntary agencies interested in sickle-cell anemia, medical specialists in sickle-cell anemia patient care and the general public. The members appointed for terms expiring Jan. 31, 2015, are:
· Shawnette Rietta Gillespie of Denver, to serve as a representative of voluntary agencies interested in sickle-cell anemia.
· Sheila Diane Mitchell of Colorado Springs, to serve as a representative of the general public.
The State Board of Stock Inspection Commission makes rules regarding brand inspection and livestock laws and regulates fees for stock inspections. The commission also sets service charges and procedures, administers the Estray Fund, licenses public livestock markets, and secures bond and surety on butchers and slaughters. The appointment must be confirmed by the Colorado Senate. The member appointed for a term expiring May 1, 2016, is:
· Kathie Troudt Riley of Loveland, to serve as a representative with broad general knowledge of the Colorado livestock industry and shall represent commodity other than confinement and non-confinement cattle industries, with the largest percentage of charged fees.
The Board Of Directors of the Denver Metropolitan Football Stadium District oversees the renovation and maintenance of Sports Authority Field at Mile High. The Board handles the negotiations with the franchise concerning construction costs and other expenses. The Board also provides the counties, within the district, with portions of the revenues collected from Sports Authority at Mile High. The members appointed for terms expiring May 23, 2016, are:
· Joy S. Burns of Cherry Hills Village.
· Roy Palmer of Littleton.