DENVER — Tuesday, April 10, 2012 — Gov. John Hickenlooper announced several Board and Commission appointments today. The appointments are to the State Board of Optometric Examiners; the Colorado Podiatry Board; the State Board of Nursing and the Peace Officers Standards and Training Board.
The State Board of Optometric Examiners sets rules and regulations for administering examinations and conducts hearings to revoke, suspend, deny or reissue licenses.
The members appointed for terms expiring April 15, 2016 are:
• Dr. Alison C. House of Pueblo West, to serve as an optometrist.
• Dr. Parker L. Call of Grand Junction, to serve as an optometrist.
The Colorado Podiatry Board conducts examinations and institutes hearings to revoke, suspend, deny or reinstate licenses.
The members appointed for terms expiring March 17, 2016:
• Eugene M. Rosenthall, DPM of Englewood, to serve as a representative of podiatrists.
• Benjamin K. Marble, DPM of Pueblo West, to serve as a representative of podiatrists.
The State Board of Nursing examines and licenses registered and practical nurses. It approves nursing programs and standards, and investigates complaints filed against nurses.
The members appointed for terms expiring July 1, 2015:
• Patricia McGuire L. Cullen of Denver, to serve as a licensed professional nurse who is engaged in professional nursing education.
• Wendy Louise Colon of Commerce City, to serve as a licensed professional nurse who is employed as a staff nurse in a hospital.
• Theresa Louise Lindsey of Westminster, to serve as a licensed practical nurse.
The Peace Officers Standards and Training Board oversees the certification of training programs, training academies and instructors of police officer candidates. The Board also certifies qualified peace officers.
The member appointed for a term expiring June 30, 2013:
• Honorable Debra Lynn Zwirn of Iliff.