Suicide Hotline Phone Numbers
|Metro Crisis Line
|National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
|National Spanish Speaking Suicide Hotline
||1-800-273-TALK *Press 2 (1-800-273-8255 *Press 2)
|National Suicide Prevention Lifeline TTY
|National LGBT Youth Suicide Hotline
- Released December 2012 by Douglas County Sheriff's Office, Douglas County School District, and Douglas County Government
- "Signs" and "Tape" for teens
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, toll-free suicide prevention service available to anyone in suicidal crisis. If you or someone you know needs help, please dial 1-800-273-TALK (8255). With more than 130 crisis centers across the country, the mission is to provide immediate assistance to anyone seeking mental health services.
- This site provides materials to spread the word about the Lifeline. These materials can easily be customized with your organization's logo and contact information.
- Brief video produced by the Mayo Clinic in June 2013.
- This positive music video encourages troubled teens to communicate with an adult for support and depicts how teens can talk to adults in a variety of situations.
- Tips for teens from National Association of School Psychologists to help prevent suicide and get help.
- Posted September 2012.
- Radio program on EDUCARadio from Denver Public Schools to provide information to Spanish speaking students and parents.
- The Trevor Project operates the only nationwide, around-the-clock crisis and suicide prevention helpline for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth. This site has materials and resources for helping youth. 1-866-4-U-TREVOR (1-866-488-7386).
Web Link Disclaimer: The Colorado School Safety Resource Center (CSSRC) provides links from this site to external websites because of their potential interest or usefulness to the safe and positive school environment, an education community or the general public. It attempts to monitor such sites on a regular basis. However, the CSSRC cannot be responsible for the content of any site external to its own. Further, by linking to other sites, the CSSRC is not endorsing any particular product, practice, service, provider or institution, nor does it necessarily endorse views expressed or facts presented on these sites. In addition, neither the CSSRC nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information linked to from this site.