Emergency Planning for Large Events & Sports Events
- The objective of this course is to expand and enhance emergency management planning efforts throughout districts and schools.
- Provides guidelines, checklists, and specific action items for school officials to consider. The course also includes case study scenarios on emergency incidents at schools, giving learners an opportunity to practice their emergency management decision-making skills.
- Created by the Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance (TA) Center of the U.S. Department of Education. The REMS TA Center's primary goal is to support schools and school districts in emergency management, including the development and implementation of comprehensive emergency and crisis response plans. The Center disseminates information about emergency management to help school districts learn more about developing, implementing, and evaluating crisis plans.
- Since 1998, the National Clearinghouse for Educational Facilities, a program of the National Institute of Building Sciences, has provided timely, comprehensive information on designing, building, and maintaining safe, healthy, high-performing schools -- from early childhood and K-12 to higher education. This site includes resources and publications that are free and available in pdf versions.
- Mitigating Hazards in School Facilities and Assessment Guides Describes a process for assessing the safety and security of school buildings and grounds, making a hazard mitigation plan, and implementing the plan.
Sample Safety and Security Procedures for Athletic Events
- Created by the Mississippi High School Activities Association in 2013.
- This event security plan may be used as a sample template.
Web Link Disclaimer: The Colorado School Safety Resource Center (CSSRC) provides links from this site to external websites because of their potential interest or usefulness to the safe and positive school environment, an education community or the general public. It attempts to monitor such sites on a regular basis. However, the CSSRC cannot be responsible for the content of any site external to its own. Further, by linking to other sites, the CSSRC is not endorsing any particular product, practice, service, provider or institution, nor does it necessarily endorse views expressed or facts presented on these sites. In addition, neither the CSSRC nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information linked to from this site.