VOLUNTEER FOR CHILDRENS ACT
FEE: $16.50 - Colorado fingerprint based Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) search
FEE: $32.50 - Colorado and Nationwide fingerprint based Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) search (Non-salaried volunteer)
FEE: $38.50 - Colorado and Nationwide fingerprint based Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) search (Salaried employee)
Agencies wanting to submit fingerprints under the VCA must request an application form "Qualified Entity Application/Questionnaire".
- A qualified entity means a business or organization, whether public, private, for profit, not for profit, or voluntary, that provides childcare or childcare placement services, including a business or organization that licenses or certifies others to provide childcare or childcare placement services and is not an entity otherwise required by Colorado law to obtain Criminal History Record Information searches.
- When the form is returned, the manager of the Identification Unit Civil Section will make the determination as to the entities status. The entity will have 30 days to appeal a negative decision to the Executive Director of the Department of Public Safety.
- If the entity is currently submitting fingerprints under another statutory requirement (Education Bill, License facilities with Human Services) they must continue submitting under that statutory mandate. They cannot switch to VCA.
Type information or print legibly in BLACK ink.
All fingerprint search based CHRI search cards must be filled out completely with the following information in the corresponding fields:
- Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Sex, Race, Height, Weight, Eyes, Hair (Please use 3 letters abbreviations for eyes and hair - Ex: Brown = Bro, Blue = Blu)
- CTZ - Fee (Amount listed at the top of the page) must be paid by Money Order or other Certified Funds Check. (Make check payable to Colorado Bureau of Investigation.) Personal checks are not accepted.
- OCA - CONCJ3650 (unless an account has been established with CBI, then use the CONCJ number that has been assigned to that account)
- Employer and address - Name of facility requesting the CHRI search including the complete mailing address.
- Reason fingerprinted - VCA non-salaried PL 105-251 or VCA salaried CRS 24-72-305.3
If any of the above information is missing or incomplete, the request will be returned.
CBI / Identification Site