Family Day Care Homes
Family day care home providers who wish to participate in the CACFP must be sponsored through a family day care home sponsor that serves their county. Click on the link for the nearest sponsor's contact information.
Family Day Care Home Sponsors Contact Information
Several sponsors serve the same areas, so it is to the provider’s benefit to be a good consumer and interview several before making a final decision.
for family day care homes.
The following institutions may participate in the program either as single site centers directly with the CDPHE-CACFP or as a sponsor of centers (multiple sites):
- Child care centers
- Adult day care centers
- At-risk Afterschool programs
- Homeless/emergency shelters
- Other early education facilities
The following requirements must be met in order to participate:
- All institutions must be certified or licensed by a federal, state, or local authority.
- Private institutions must:
- Have federal tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service
- Receive Title XX benefits from the Department of Human Services (Child Care Assistance Payments) for at least 25% of the eligible enrolled participants or 25% of licensed capacity.
- Have at least 25% of the eligible enrolled participants or 25% of licensed capacity comprised of participants correctly classified as Free or Reduced using valid, signed, dated, and approved Income Eligibility Forms.
- Receive Title XIX (Medicaid) benefits or Title XX benefits for Adult Day Care participants.