Green Government Transportation
Click on thumbnail image below to see full-sized chart of the department’s petroleum fuel consumption over the last 5 years.
CDPHE has taken the following actions to decrease its petroleum fuel use by 18% since 2005:
- Downsized fleet vehicles by replacing SUV’s with smaller, more efficient vehicles;
- When replacing fleet vehicles each year, 75% (or more) of purchased vehicles are hybrid electric; and
- Added two Compressed Natural Gas vehicles to the department’s fleet.
- Offers reserved parking spaces for carpools, van pools and high efficiency vehicles (greater than 45 mpg);
- Implemented a telecommuting and flex-time program which allow employees to reduce the number of commuting days.
- Take public transit 1 or more days per week;
- Carpool or vanpool to school or work. To find a ride match in the Denver Metro Area, see the Ride Arrangers website;
- Bike or walk to work;
- Telecommute to work one day per week. For information on the benefits of “Telework”, see the Ride Arrangers telework website;
- Drive the most fuel efficient vehicle that meets your needs. To compare the fuel economy of multiple vehicles, visit www.fueleconomy.gov .
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 303-692-2979 or email email@example.com
Please contact us if you have any further questions