Burn Day Tools
1. Are today's smoke conditions OK for burning?
- Weather forecasts relevant to smoke, including air quality alerts
- Sunset Timetables. For local time between the 2nd Sunday in March and the 1st Sunday in November (summer plus), add one hour to what the table shows.
- Federal Holidays, which are no-burn days for a few permits; link
2. Do the paperwork.
3. Monitor smoke.
Monitor smoke visually.
Monitor particulates with an instrument.
4. Program manual, a reference for topics not covered above