- Live up to the responsibility of your volunteer role.
- Be present and on time for every commitment you make.
- Respect the confidential aspects of your assignment, and the dignity and privacy of the clients with whom you work.
- Become involved, in a warm and natural manner, with the clients of this facility without becoming over involved.
- Show empathy with the clients, not sympathy.
- Be optimistic about life in general and the client's outlook in particular, without encouraging any unrealistic goals or attitudes.
- Be honest and genuine at all times.
- Be friendly.
- Have fun.